8.21.2007

Academy of the Overrated #1: Music!

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, mine is no more valid than yours. There are no absolutes in the arts. The common definitions of what is 'good' or 'bad' have no place when it comes to personal taste, either something speaks to you or it doesn't.
That being said, here are is a list of musical artists who receive way more credit than they deserve.

The Greatful Dead
The Velvet Underground
Guns 'n' Roses
Metallica
Nirvana
Black Sabbath
Elvis Presley

I would like to write a scathing diatribe condemning these artists, but I can't even get that passionate about them. They all just leave me cold. Cold and scratching my head in wonderment. I plan to write the first Academy of the Underrated post soon, seeing as how those are artists that I really dig, I'm sure it will be far too long and rambley, which should, in theory make up for the shortness of this post. Feel free to yell at me because of my choices or add your own!

No comments: