1.13.2008

#3 Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I love the music, I love the story line, I love the characters. But alas I didn't love the movie. I really really really liked it, but it didn't sweep me away. As evidence I present the fact that I've tried to write this post half a dozen times but still can't muster up enough oomph to actually write much about the movie. So just a couple quick highlights then:

1. The final shot of the film is perfect, as in, it could not be better.

II. Johnny Depp as an insane emo Bowie could not rock harder.

C. Slash, blood, slash, blood, it could not bleed bloodier.

Here's a song I like that has nothing to do with the movie, but it's distracted me pretty well from writing so,





Almost forgot the verdict!

7 Excised Songs out of 10

No comments: